Position Title: Special Projects Administrator
Employment: Full-time, Salaried, Exempt
Location: Phoenix, AZ, Non-remote
Start Date: ASAP
Turning Point USA is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization founded in 2012 by Charlie Kirk. The organization’s mission is to identify, educate, train, and organize students to promote the principles of freedom, free markets, and limited government. Turning Point USA believes that every young person can be enlightened to true free market values. Since its founding, Turning Point USA has embarked on a mission to build the most organized, active, and powerful conservative grassroots activist network on high school and college campuses across the country. With a presence on over 3,500 campuses, Turning Point USA is the largest and fastest-growing youth organization in America.
Job Description: Turning Point USA is seeking a Special Projects Administrator to join our team in Phoenix, AZ and contribute to the execution of TPUSA’s Professor Watchlist, the School Board Liberty Project, and other developing Special Projects. The Special Projects Administrator will be tasked with maintaining and growing Turning Point USA’s Special Projects, which are dedicated to researching and exposing professors and school boards who discriminate against conservative students and advance Leftist propaganda in the classroom. The Special Projects Administrator will work closely with the Director of Special Projects and other Special Projects teams to maintain the Professor Watchlist and School Board Liberty Project websites, increase research, develop and execute new project strategies, and increase the project’s impact. This position requires high-levels of professionalism and confidence at all times.
The primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Conducting in-depth research on university professors and school boards nationwide;
- Crafting written reports and profiles on university professors, administrators, school board members and representatives, and other school personnel;
- Responding to inquiries submitted on the School Board Liberty Project and Professor Watchlist websites;
- Managing professional relationships with key School Board Liberty Project and Professor Watchlist stakeholders;
- Organizing and maintaining the School Board Liberty Project and Professor Watchlist backend databases;
- Updating the School Board Liberty Project and Professor Watchlist websites;
- Improving data systems and processes to create enhanced professor and university profiles;
- Working with the Director of Special Projects to create and execute development strategies to grow the School Board Liberty Project, Professor Watchlist, and associated projects;
- Collaborating with the TPUSA Media team to increase public awareness of the School Board Liberty Project and Professor Watchlist and associated projects by utilizing social media, email, and digital marketing; and,
- Assisting the Director of Special Projects in advancing the School Board Liberty Project and Professor Watchlist’s donor communications strategy.
- 1-3 years of administrative or research experience.
- Have working knowledge of Google Drive.
- Have close personal alignment with the mission and principles of TPUSA.
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills needed to form working relationships with fellow colleagues.
- Be organized, a self-starter, and goal oriented.
- Have competency in managing deadlines, multiple projects, and competing priorities.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Reflect a strong work ethic and desire for excellence.
- Prior involvement with Turning Point USA;
- Prior use of SalesForce or other relevant custom relationship management (CRM) programs.
- Prior use of Adobe Creative Suite or other relevant design programs.
- Prior use of Canva or other relevant basic design platforms.
- Experience working with the media.
- Experience in marketing, strategic initiatives, project management.
- Experience using WordPress or other relevant website and content management systems.
Please note that wages posted on third party sites such as Indeed are auto generated and are not accurate.